1. General. This site is owned and operated by Lutefisk Technologies, Inc. DBA ElyMinnesota.com. ElyMinnesota.com has the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the site, including, without limitation, the content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use of the site.
2. Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the site and all charges related thereto.
3. Restrictions on Use.
1. You shall use the site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Without ElyMinnesota.com ‘s express prior approval, you shall not post or transmit through the site any material which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. You shall not use the site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line information services competitive with the site. Any conduct by you that in ElyMinnesota.com ‘s discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the site will not be permitted.
2. The site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the contents of the site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. You may download one copy of any copyrighted material for your personal, non-commercial home use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of ElyMinnesota.com and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
3. You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted ElyMinnesota.com the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the site to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user’s personal use. You grant ELYMINNESOTA.COM the right to edit, copy, display, publish and distribute any material made available on the site by you.
4. The foregoing provisions of Section 3 are for the benefit of ElyMinnesota.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
1. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER ElyMinnesota.com, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
2. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
3. THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ELYMINNESOTA.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
4. IN NO EVENT WILL ELYMINNESOTA.COM, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE SITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL ELYMINNESOTA.COM’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR THE SPECIFIC TIME PERIOD OF THE ALLEGED LOSS, FOR ACCESSING THIS SITE.
5. Monitoring. ElyMinnesota.com shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the site [including chat rooms and forums], to determine compliance with these conditions of use and any operating rules established by ElyMinnesota.com and to satisfy any law, regulation or authorized government request. ElyMinnesota.com shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the site. Without limiting the foregoing, ElyMinnesota.com shall have the right to remove any material that ElyMinnesota.com, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
6. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ElyMinnesota.com and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of the site.
7. Trademarks. ElyMinnesota.com and Lutefisk Technologies, Inc. and each of their logos are trademarks of Lutefisk Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners.
8. Third Party Content. ElyMinnesota.com is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users of the site. Accordingly, ElyMinnesota.com has no more editorial control over such content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of ElyMinnesota.com. In many instances, the content available through the site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or user. ElyMinnesota.com neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the site by anyone other than authorized ElyMinnesota.com employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
9. Viruses. ElyMinnesota.com also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
10. Export Control. Software and other materials from this Site may also be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the Unites States has embargoed goods; or (2) anyone on the Unites States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. ELYMINNESOTA.COM does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this Site to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export Laws.
11. Business Associates. The business associates of ElyMinnesota.com identified on this Site are independent contractors of ElyMinnesota.com. The business associates are not joint venturers or partners of ElyMinnesota.com. No employee or representative of the business associates is under the control of ElyMinnesota.com.
12. Changed Terms. ElyMinnesota.com has the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to use of the site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, without limitation, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, without limitation, posting on the site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means. Any use of the site by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions.
Check our Event Calendar for upcoming Ely events. If you want to plan ahead go to the business directory where you will find a complete listing of Ely Area Businesses. Search by keyword, name or business category.